Attend a Candidate Forum
RCV for Texas Questions to be Used at Candidate Forums
- What are your thoughts on ranked choice voting?
- Are campaigns for elected office and politics in general too negative? Would you support RCV to help fix this problem?
- In the 2022 mid-term election, Texas ranked 44th of the 50 states and D.C. in voter turnout. What strategies do you support to enhance voter turnout in Texas? Do you see RCV as part of that strategy?
- Texas spent roughly $7.4 million on primary runoff elections in 2022. Do you view RCV as a good way to avoid the extra costs in time and money of runoffs?
- Should the winner of an election be a candidate who receives more than 50% of the vote? Would you support RCV to promote majority support for elected candidates?
- Would you support ranked choice voting in nonpartisan municipal elections?
- Would you support ranked choice voting in special elections to fill the vacated office more quickly? In special elections, all candidates appear together.